From the 1st January 2021, important changes to VAT and import duties on the sales of goods to the UK will be made due to the end of the Brexit transition period. Please rest assured that your optimal shopping experience is at the heart of everything we do and we are therefore taking the necessary measures to ensure this remains as smooth as possible for you.
We are pleased to confirm that in the majority of cases there will be no direct effect on your customer experience. We understand that you may have queries in relation to your order, and have prepared this FAQ document to help answer your questions.
What happens when I place an order after the 1st January 2021?
- We are pleased to confirm that for the majority of orders, there will be no direct effect on your customer experience. Prices stated on ManoMano.co.uk at checkout will be inclusive of applicable tax and custom duties.
Will I have to pay import charges? What happens if I am asked to pay for import charges upon delivery by the delivery company?
- Prices stated on ManoMano.co.uk at checkout will be inclusive of tax and custom duties.
- On the rare occasion you should ever be requested to cover customs duty upon delivery of your order, please keep proof of payment and you will be refunded upon request. To do so:
- Please open your customer account on ManoMano.co.uk, click on ‘Order Selection’ > ‘Online Support’ > ‘Return and refund’ > ‘My problem is not listed’ > reason: copy and paste the following: ‘I had to pay customs duty upon delivery and require a refund.’
- The seller will process the refund for you and it will be with you within the following 3-5 working days through the payment method you paid with.
Will there be changes to delivery times?
- At this stage there should be no impacts on delivery times. ManoMano is in contact with the sellers and transporters so that delivery times are regularly updated to take into account all delays we are informed of (if goods are waiting at the customs or if couriers are having longer delivery times).
- As of the 1st January 2021, there could be possible delays at the border. In this case, we will share as much information as possible with you that we receive from the sellers who are responsible for delivery.
How do I return my order? How will refunds be processed?
- If you wish to return your order and request a refund, please open your customer account on ManoMano.co.uk, click on ‘My Orders’ > The order you have made > ‘Online Support’ > ‘Returns and refunds’ > ‘Return item’ > Choose from the dropdown menu the reason for returning your order > Add any extra information > ‘Send’.
- You will then receive directions on how to return your item(s). When the order has been received by the seller in accordance with their return policy, you should receive the refund amount within 3-5 working days through the same payment method you paid with.
- **In case you have had to pay customs duties for your order upon delivery and wish to return your order, please refer to the FAQ below called: I have paid customs duties on my order upon delivery, for which I would like a refund. However, I wish to also return all or some of my order.
How long do I have to return my order?
- You have 14 days to withdraw from the order, and from the moment you make the returns request, you will have a further 14 days to send the item(s) back.
I have paid customs duties on my order upon delivery, for which I would like a refund. However, I wish to also return all or some of my order:
- Please ensure you have your proof of custom duty payment ready, then open your customer account on ManoMano.co.uk, click on ‘My Orders’ > the order you have made > ‘Online Support’ > ‘Returns and refunds’ > ‘Return item’ > choose from the dropdown menu the reason for returning your order > add any extra information > ‘Send’.
- Once the seller has received your returned item/order in accordance with their return policy, they will refund the items you wish to return + the custom duties you have paid in full. You will receive your refund within the following 3-5 working days through the payment method you paid with.
How long will it take to process a refund if I have purchased from a seller in the EU?
- There should be no difference in timings as we are not changing our system used for refunds.
- However, refunds are processed as a result of a returned item, and if the return takes more time due to transport routes being saturated, the refund could be delayed as a consequence.
- Should there be any issues here, please reach out to the seller. As for any order, our ManoMano warranty will cover your order to ensure an efficient resolution.
What are the impacts on invoices and warranty?
- For the majority of orders, there will be no direct effect on your customer experience. Prices stated on ManoMano.co.uk at checkout will be inclusive of tax and custom duties, which our sellers will be responsible for covering.
- However, in some cases, you might receive a full UK VAT invoice issued by ManoMano. This is because on some occasions, ManoMano will be responsible for charging and collecting VAT on selected orders* made by sellers through the ManoMano platform. For these orders, ManoMano will be considered as the deemed reseller of the goods as per the new UK VAT rules.
- The seller will remain fully responsible for all the obligations related to the sale of their products (e.g. warranty, etc), and the UK VAT invoice from ManoMano shall not be considered as an exemption from such liability.
* Orders impacted by the new UK VAT rules where ManoMano will be regarded as the reseller of goods by the UK tax authority and where we will issue invoices are:
- Consignments** that are shipped to a UK customer from a non-UK location and where the value is up to £135*** (this applies to both UK and non-UK sellers); or
- Consignments* of any value that are already held in the UK but the seller is not established in the UK.
**the £135 threshold applies to the value of a consignment, and not to each individual item within a consignment. A consignment for these purposes is generally regarded as a single package for a single customer.
***The £135 value is based on the price of the goods. This equates to the price at the time which the goods are sold, excluding Transport and insurance costs (unless they are included in the price and not separately indicated on the invoice) and any other taxes and charges identifiable by the UK customs authorities from relevant documents.
Need to contact us? Click here.